05/09/2012

Down Memory Lane.....

Yesterday was teachers day,and in the evening my thoughts were with all the teachers who have made a difference in my life.It is well known that every person that comes into your life has a purpose for sure.As my thoughts hovered I could see that there was one particular event responsible for a major transformation that happened in my life. !990-1994 in Muscat was an immemorable time, with a whole lot of amazing people and this was the time when satsang,shloka chanting became a part of my daily routine for sometime. Thanks to all the mentors then. Post 1994 once in India lost track of my life and started questioning myself "why am I here and what is the purpose of my life?"This used to keep haunting me all the time and as result was not happy with whatever I did.Everything seemed so mundane and worthles actually.Tried working for a couple of years,teaching etc etc...but yet the question still remained. It was in 2001 January that there came some major changes in life.I met with a road accident which caused some damage to my left hand, requiring surgery ,physiotherapy etc, but now when I look back I am convinced that this happened just to give me the answer to the question in my mind.....what is the purpose of my life??? A few months aftr the accident my dear mother suggested that we must have some satsang at home which will give positive vibrations and may be do me some good. Thus started the Lalitha sahasranamam chanting at home with a group of wonderful loving people, who would come home home once a month and we would chant the sahasranamam.This was done with such a selfless attitude and with only one goal that my hand become alright and I feel better.Such wonderful people for sure,truly brings tears to my eyes. I was not so familiar with chanting and after 1994 completely lost track so had to pick up the lost the threads and this was the right time.This gave me so much peace and joy that it made me latch on to the group and the changes that have happened after that are simply amazing.One thing led to another and each experience greater than the previous one. The best being introduced to the art of living family. My life has been growing spiritually in leaps and bounds since the day I attended the slver jubilee celebrations of the art of living at Bangalore. I am indeed grateful and full of gratitude to each and everyone who has helped me in this wonderful journey until today. At this juncture I feel I must mention my special gratitude and thanks to my dear Mythili mami because of whose love and affection I learnt the Lalitha sahasranamam.Mami,though a teacher ,guru who has taught me not only Lalitha sahasranamam,but lots of other shlokas as well is so motherly and full of love and kindness. I find it so thrilling that since 2001 till today the divine has made sure that I am always in the company of people chanting Lalitha sahasranamam.Even though for the last six years have been here in Mussafah,here too I was directed to a LSG(Lalitha sahasranamam group)Mussafah.Now we also have a group learning Gita. Oh, life indeed is amazing and so full of joy isn't it???? I am beginning to understand the purpose of my life... Jai Gurudev..... Listen To lalitha sahasranamam by Priya sisters here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixZ8ZO3dwQ

2 comments:

viva said...

Very nice sharing..keep posting..

tripnetra said...

Dear Sir/ Madam, very nice post.
We are providing the free temple information about the darshan, seva, pooja
call: +91 8500898000, visit: www.tripnetra.com